Monday, February 24, 2025

Adulting

Being an adult - even at my age - isnt something I ever thought about. Maybe because I never felt like one. Dont get me wrong i had to do all the adult stuff. Responsibilities, finances, taking care of everyone, fixing other peoples messes - the worrying. But I was still just always "the kid". Now that Mom and Dad are gone - I dont know how to feel. I still feel like a kid - well more like an orphan now. Maybe because I dont have kids of my own which I desperately wanted. It just seems like the natural progression of things has stopped with me. The other thing is that I seem to have lost a lot of myself that used to be. I used to think I was a lot of fun to be around. Doing crazy things. Sometimes reckless. Always adventurous. Got myself into some really nutty situations and came out ok. I was the one that people called when they were bored or just wanted to hang out. I dont know - I think I lost my sense of humor along the way. Things just didnt seem funny anymore because of all I was going thru. And it wasnt funny. Any of it. But I miss that part of me. It doesnt come out very often anymore. I dont laugh like I used to. I dont know how to get that back. The worry is still there. And I have a lot of things that seem unsettled. Thats not funny. Its sad.

1 comment:

  1. I understand where you are; this is a stage of adulthood that brings the realities of loss and health into our lives. It's hard to remain optimistic and joyful with everything going on with our families, our country and the world.

    ReplyDelete