Monday, February 10, 2025
I have no interest in giving you closure
A few weeks ago I was on the phone talking to a friend. I received another call
while on the phone with her and when I went to look at who was calling - I
couldnt even believe my eyes. It was my "ex"....calling after 16+ years. I
froze....then screamed out her name to the friend I was talking to who knew all
about my ex. Both of us were in utter disbelief. I didnt pick up. Friend wanted
me to! She asked if I was at all curious.....im not. My ex is a liar, a
manipulator, a mind fucker and a thief. I have no interest. She left a message.
She wanted to know if I had some time to talk - "not mad, not yell, just talk -
for closure" she said. (you need closure after 16 years?) Im not falling for it.
I am mad - still. I do want to yell - still. But I wont. This woman destroyed
me in so many ways. Read back on the much older posts in this blog - it was
awful. There are many people in my life that I wish I could talk to. To have a
conversation with for answers about things. SHE is not one of them. I will NEVER
speak to her. I wonder if she is sober now. Maybe in "the program"...im told
Step 9 is where you try make peace with what you have done to those around you.
Maybe ask for forgiveness. But that wont come from me. I dont have to hear her
out...and I certainly do not have to forgive her. She knows what she did. I know
what she did. My closure was walking away. I dont care about her closure. I owe
her nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It does sound like a 12 step program and you should not put yourself through talking to her. It will just bring back horrible and painful memories. I also remember those messy times! I'm upset even reading that she's contacted you, Laur.
ReplyDeleteSis, I love you. I cant believe you are still here reading. I havent even thought of this blog in so long. I miss it. Im going to try and make more effort. Thank you for your support ALWAYS!
ReplyDeleteLove you too! I hope you're doing OK. There have been so many changes in your life the past couple years and that is HARD. xoxo
ReplyDelete