Sunday, October 16, 2011

Face Value

I just spent the last 2 1/2 hours on the phone with a friend that I havent spoken to in about 17 years.

Yet ANOTHER friend that I lost touch with because my ex was "uncomfortable" with my relationship.

We actually ran into each other a few weeks ago by some twist of fate - and just hugged for a long time before actually saying anything! Then it was just pure amazement at the coincidence of being in the same place at the same time - after so long.

So tonight we talked and caught up on the years in between then and now. She told me so many things. Then she told me of an incident - something my ex did to her way back then - something that actually turned my stomach. Something that caused a lot of damage in her life.

I feel so stupid. So naive.

HOW could I have spent SO many years with a woman that I now consider to be so ....cruel. So vindictive. So mean. So sick. So EVIL.

How did I not see this about her sooner?

2 comments:

  1. SO glad that this happened and that you got a chance to repair this relationship. So what did she do? (dying to know)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full circle. Glad you've reconnected!

    ReplyDelete