We are almost finished.
Wheat Pie - done
Cheesecake - done
Meat Pies - done
....im sitting here on my bed right now (12:47am) - waiting for 2 batches of easter bread to raise over night.....wondering how long its going to take the Adv*l to kick in.
My back is KILLING me!
Im getting to old for this!
I know I wanted to continue all of my grandmother's traditions...and believe me - I LOVE them (so does the rest of the family) ...but Geeez, the woman was a machine! Never complained. Never seemed to slow down until she was well into her 70's.
I should be ashamed of myself...right now all I want is for someone to rub my back and pamper me!
Today went relatively smoothly except for the one small breakdown I had when I was ready to just say "F*ck it" - Im done" because I was so frustrated....but I re-grouped and pulled it together. (thanks Mick).
The ovens will be back on around 7 am and hopefully I will be done baking by noon.
THEN I can start cleaning my house and preparing for Sunday.
Remind me again how much I love doing all this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You'll love it when it's done and you can enjoy all that food!!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing AWESOME and you DO love it! Everything looks and tastes great! Can't wait to EAT!!
ReplyDeleteI cooked all day yesterday and my back was killing me too...ughhh!
ReplyDeleteToday we are off to my parents...they can pamper us for a day or two :)
Holidays are like that sometimes.
ReplyDeleteThere has to be a way to lessen the pressure, I hope you find it.
Secretia