Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Hangover

Easter was wonderful!

The family was relatively well behaved.

The food - all 75 courses of it - was delicious.

I made my favorite party drink - called Yaki's. (recipe given upone request).

We had so much food and drink left that they all came back here tonight to eat & drink again - God help me.

Thats what happens when your family lives 2 blocks away.

Im on overload now.

I ADORE my family - but Im done now for a while.

Dear Family,

I LOVE you dearly....even your snide comments, sarcastic remarks, WONDERFUL advice, useless information, nit-picking and messing my house!

Its time now for all of you to go home and STAY there for a few days.

I have cherished our time together over the past 48 hours but Im tired now and my dishwasher is screaming for a break!

Have a safe trip those 2 blocks back home.

Love Laura

5 comments:

  1. I had a wonderful time and the food was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! The dishwasher comment is funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found that the nicest gift I could bring to any holiday dinner is to jump right in and start washing the dishes before anyone else when the meal is over.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too much family--it can get VERY tiring. I'm feeling that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Laura, may I please have the drink recipe? I love adult beverages. :) -Pippi

    ReplyDelete