Ive been out of work since 11-18-09 - by my own choice.
My job was transferred to another office - I was offerend my job there. I declined the position.
At the time, I was told that I was being foolish, ESPECIALLY in this economy, to quit a job with nothing else lined up.
A lot was going on then. I knew it wasnt the smartest move. But I did it anyway. I knew my decisions for declining the position were valid and I stuck to what I believed.
I have no regrets about leaving.
Its days like these, when it is so ABSOLUTELY gorgeous out that I could care less if I ever go back to work! Of course I know thats not reality. Ive been doing per diem work - and should be back to full time in the next month or so. Personally, I hope I dont go back until September - but thats just a pipe dream.
Ive been working since I was 14 years old.
Im thoroughly enjoying the time off. I always envied people who had their days free. I wondered what it would be like - now I know. Its a luxary I never had.
I wouldnt classify my days completely free though - Ive got family obligations that pull me in so many directions that it leaves me wondering HOW I even worked full time.
So for now, Im just enjoying the moment. Something Ive learned to do a lot of lately. Im stressing less. Im not taking things for granted. Im realizing that some things are just not worth freaking over. Im trying to be "smarter" than I was.
I spent a lot of years very unhappy. I cant get those years back. But I can make different choices to prevent that from ever happening again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck, Laura :-)
ReplyDeleteI've worked since the age of 10(berry fields)so I would love to be retired some day. HA HA At least,I get the summers off to be lazy, so I won't complain. How do you like the new place?
ReplyDeleteNice life you have...:0)
ReplyDelete