In the past couple of days...I have been told on a few occassions that I am "too nice".
I started to think about that statement. And what I came up with was a lot of mixed emotions.
I AM too nice. I KNOW I am. I am a door mat! A push over. A sucker. Im too sensitive. I let people walk all over me and take advantage of me. I go out of my way for people - a lot of times the WRONG people. I get myself into lots of screwy situations because I just dont know how to say "no" to anyone. I never want to hurt anyone's feelings. I hate confrontation. Im overly helpful. I put myself out there a lot and usually wind up regretting it in some fashion.
Ugh...Im a mess! LOL (unless of course you hurt someone I love or someone close to me...then get the F*CK out of my way because you WONT want to be around me)
Anyway, then I started to think SO WHAT!
Id rather be like me than some mean, rotten, arrogant, nasty person who seems miserable all the time.
I cant stand people like that! And I DONT want to be like that! Thats not me at all.
I think that our society has thrown "kindness" and "compassion" out the window.
I find that very sad.
I dont mind helping - my family, a friend, a stranger.
I guess I would hope that God forbid some day if I ever needed help someone would do the same for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Being nice is great; I have always appreciated you for that quality. But letting people take advantage of you because you don't want to say no,that's NOT OK. You are worth much more than that, my friend. I love you the way you are.
ReplyDeleteYou are the kindest, sweetest, most caring, loving and giving person i know. I love the person you are. AND I agree with Margaret...wanting to help someone is never a bad thing but don't let anyone take advantage of you.
ReplyDeleteSecond try...Stay the way you are. That's what makes you so special. I need you friend.
ReplyDelete