Mom's 3rd chemo treatment went well today - uneventful.
Uneventful is always good in medicine. We like things boring.
We got to the infusion center at 9:15 am this morning.
We left at 6 pm. (she had to have a doppler study as well).
Its a long, drawn out, exhausting process. She sleeps thru most of it. I just sit - and watch her.
When I was younger - if anyone said to me that I had to spend 10 hours straight - ALONE with my MOTHER (GASP) I probably would have asked for my finger nails to be ripped out. It wasnt something I would have EVER volunteered to do....she can be a bit - oh lets say... difficult.
But now, I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoy spending time with my Mom. We talk about everything under the sun. We have the best conversations - I swear. We laughed a lot today - even in a situation that isnt laughable.
My Mom has really surprised me thru this whole cancer ordeal. She continues to amaze me with her positive attitude and inspirational words.
She is someone I have always looked up to - even moreso now.
I love my Mom. And I genuinely "like" her. There is a huge difference and each is so important.
I am very lucky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She's lucky to have you!
ReplyDeleteI echo Janet. Isn't it wonderful how we grow into our relationships with our mothers? I appreciate mine more now than I ever have.
ReplyDelete