Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mission Impossible.

So here's how it went down. Im getting no help at all from Ford Motor Credit Company. She still has the car. I was told that she would be offered an extension BUT it would need MY signature as well as hers. Thats not happening. Im not signing I wouldnt sign for all the money in the world. Shes done enough damage to me. (already repo'd once, reported to my credit 4 times - in 36 months) Then they tell me "well, if she doesnt turn the car in...we will still bill her another month". WTF is that? I WANT THIS OVER WITH! I already told you IM NOT SIGNING for an extension...so WHY would you automatically bill her anyway? WHERE is there ANY protection or consideration for ME in any of this? YES, I KNOW I should'nt have signed for her three years ago. I KNOW all that. But at the time we were together 15 years. If your spouse came to you and asked for help wouldnt you do it? ALL im TRYING to do is to avoid ANOTHER repo reported to my credit. Fast forward My frustration level is off the charts. Im getting all doors slammed in my face. I ask Ford for help/advice ANYTHING. They tell me I have a legal right to the car...so go get it yourself and return it to the dealership. OF COURSE they want that. IM doing all the DIRTY work! BUT OK...now we are getting somewhere. Im not beneath getting my hands dirty to protect myself. However, I dont have keys. So, I call the dealership and ask them to make me a key. They say "SURE, we can make you a key to get IN the car...but it wont start the ignition because it has a "chip" in it that needs to be coded from the ignition. SO without the car here...its no help". Another door slammed. Back on the phone with the Credit Company. They tell me I can get it towed myself! Ok, so that gets me thinking. I can get it towed (my expense but still not considered a repo by them). Mick and I search for "people". And just to make it safe for everyone, I go to the police department in MY town AND hers to explain the whole embarrassing situation and to make sure I can bring back up. So the plan is set. Im taking the car. Even talked to a lawyer friend who basically wanted no part of it. Not that it was illegal..but he said he never heard of anyone taking this approach and was anxious to find out how it went! Gee thanks Tim! So last night, We go to her house to make sure the car is in the driveway. It is. I get the tow truck driver on the phone and tell him to meet us at the house while I go to the police department and ask for a "peace officer" to escort us there in case things get ugly. {Insert theme to Mission Impossible} Everyone meets at the house. Its dark out. Me and Mick park on the side street and watch the whole thing go down. The officer knocks on the door. Deb answers. Boyfriend gets up off the couch and puts his pants on ( I could see thru the living room window that they were all comfy watching TV) and the officer steps in to the house. The tow truck driver is parked across her driveway. I sit in the car with Micky trying to keep my heart rate down because I was running about 160 bpm! Trying to stay calm and yet being so excited that this whole thing would FINALLY be over and for the first time in 2 1/2 years I could rest that its done. No more phone calls from Ford 5 times a day. No more calling every month to check if she paid. No more worry, no more taking notes of conversations. I just couldnt even imagine how good it would feel when they finally hooked up the car and drove it off. The police officer spent a lot of time in the house. That gave me an uneasy feeling. I figured that wasnt good news. This is taking WAAAAY too long. I started to get a sinking feeling. I was right. He walked out...no go. She wouldnt surrender the car to us. Even though she shouldnt have it. The lease was up as of 9/15/11. I didnt sign an extension. But she lied to him. She told him she got the extension. Thats as far as he can take it. I flipped. I got on the phone with the dealership...they couldnt pull up the notes on record. But they did get on the phone with the officer and explain that there is no extension. Still, we couldnt take the car, he needed to see a letter. But what kind of letter? I didnt sign an extension. But she couldnt produce an approval for extension either. He apologized and said its a civil matter and I had to take it higher. Just fuck me. He leaves. The tow truck driver leaves. Im livid. Another door slammed. So we drive away....deflated. I cant even speak. She wins AGAIN. Poor Micky, she tried so hard to calm me down. Wasnt happening. I was SOAKED. I could feel the steam coming out of me. Then, my phone buzzes...its Deb. She texts me "please call me". IM SHAKING. I didnt know what to do. Should I call? Should I text back "go fuck yourself..you lying bitch?" Should I ignore her? I was trying to be smart even though I wasnt rational at the time. So I drive back to the police station and decide to call from t here so that I can put it on speaker and the officer can hear it. We got in to a huge thing. She told me that she got an extension. I told her she did not because I had to sign for it. She tells me she didnt know that. I tell her yes, she did..shes a liar. She swore on a stack of bibles that she thought she HAD the extension. I told her I wouldnt belive her if she had the Pope standing next to her (I know...im real mature) She goes off on everything that happened between us and what I liar I am. I tell her that she wouldnt know a lie if it bit her in the ass. It went off in so many different directions and I kept telling her that I wasnt getting in to all that with her. This is about the car and thats it. I told her it was our last tie together and I wanted it over and Im sure she did too. I tell her I AM taking the car and to enjoy living one step ahead of the tow truck driver. She was soooo drunk....slurring her words during the entire coversation. Not much has changed. She belives her own lies. She still points every finger at me. Takes no responsiblity in what happened. I also told her that I wish her well, hope she is happy and sincerely want all the best for her....and hung up. Anyway, the officer heard the whole thing...and I even got her to admit that she had no letter of extension like she told him. So now he knows. I will be on the phone with the Credit Company and the dealership this morning as soon as I get all of this off my chest. Im taking the car. Its just a matter of a few days. Its pissing me off that IM the one who has to do all of this. That I can get NO help at all. That everyone knows she is lying yet no one can do anything for ME in this. This has gone on way too long. Its not healthy. I cant take anymore. She hasnt changed. But I have. I want this over. Addendum: I called the credit company and the dealership to tell them of the events of last night. And apparently Deb called them too to find out the details of my visit last night. She was told AGAIN that the car needed to be turned in and she had no choice at this point. After she spoke with them SHE called ME to tell me that she spoke with Ford and that she would be turning the car in no later than Saturday. At least she sounded sober this time. The waiting continues. But the people she spoke to at the dealership told me she is scared now because the police are involved and she knows I mean business. Maybe this was the right move. The car gets turned in voluntarily. I dont have to pay for a tow truck and the lease ends peacefully. Fingers crossed....again Addendum to the Addendum: While we were on the phone, she also had THE NERVE to ask me WHY I wouldnt sign for the extension for her. Is she out of her mind?

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for taking ACTION. There's nothing worse than feeling like someone else can twist the knife--while you have no power to do anything. Hurray!! I hope that she turns it in and it can finally be over. Sign another extension? She must be crazy.

    ReplyDelete