Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February Blizzard

This is what we have so far - I will try to post more pics later on as more falls.

When I was a kid - I couldnt WAIT for snow!

I always wondered why my grandfather (we always lived with my grandparents) would grumble about it.

For ME:
It was FUN!
It was beautiful!
It meant NO SCHOOL!
It meant snow angels !
It meant sleigh riding!!
It meant building snow forts!
It meant rosey cheeks and hot cocoa!

Blizzard 3

Blizzard 4

Blizzard 5

For Him:
It meant work.
It meant shoveling.
It meant sore muscles.
It meant an aching back.
It meant the stress of getting around.

Grampa? I NOW understand...

It is STILL beautiful (when it first falls)....but I despise shoveling.......and the snow blower hates me. It drags me all over the place! Its WAAAY too big for me (thanks DAD - he had to buy a HUGE model!) I think he bought such a big one because he enjoys the entertainment I provide him as he watches me from the window....

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful and I wish I could say I miss it, but...NAH. I wouldn't mind a couple of snow days; I just don't like it to stick around. Where I live, I've never shoveled snow in my life, nor do I even know what a snow blower looks like--HA!! BTW, the woman in the store was priceless. Was it my mother by any chance??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos!
    The storm fizzled out here, it may have snowed all day long, but it amounted to less than an inch.

    ReplyDelete