Its been all quiet in the house since my sister and my niece moved out.
Some time has gone by....it gives me time to think.
Thats not always a good thing with me.
Ive really been put in a bad situation in so many aspects of my life.
A lot of people say I created it myself....but really - did I?
Ive had to endure a lot of things - things I would not "choose" to be involved in. Most recently a number of vile tirades from my niece on Facebook (which doesnt really surprise me based on her filthy mouth and horrible up-bringing) - but it still hurts. I am being blamed for everything that happened.
She and my sister have told everyone that we know that my parents and I "lied" about everything. That they didnt "do anything" and that I just wanted them out of the family. But anyone that knows me knows that my family is whats most important to me. So that makes no sense to me. They are calling my cousins saying not to believe us...that there are 2 sides to the story.
Makes me laugh a little.
I cant possibly figure out what I lied about.
The property damage?
The drug use in my house (FOR YEARS)?
The disrespect they have always shown my parents?
The constant flow of money that was handed to them?
The fact that their pit bull destroyed my yard?
The money stolen from my parents on numerous occasions?
The safety hazards that we lived with because of their carelessness?
The underage drinking and partying going on in my basement?
The fact that all I did was clean up after them?
The fighting, yelling, screaming & cursing between my sister and my niece daily?
The sense of safety that never existed with them living here?
Oh, there is more......I couldnt possibly make this up or even explain it all.
So what did I lie about?
Either way....Im sure their reality is much different than mine.
The fact is that I didnt want to live like that anymore. And I didnt want my parents living like that either. They dont deserve to. They have done SO much for them. So have I.
I have regrets about this.
Not about having to get them out....but just that I have lost a sister, a nephew and a niece. I expected my nephew (the Marine) to see things differently. But he has taken his Mother's side...which is understandable I guess. He hurt me more than anyone. I thought that HE of ALL people would have a little different perspective to see the truth. Maybe he will come around some day.
My parents were not strong enough to go thru with this.
Of course it had to be me.
It seems like im the only one that handles anything.
Im getting tired of it.
Im tired of being the one that "gets things done" and everyone relies on.
Its been like that forever with me...
I think Im angry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's hard to constantly TRY to do what is right and ethical and always get blamed for things or have your good works twisted by others. That's where we are with Patt's family these days, as you may have read on my blog. There comes a time when the best revenge has to be happiness for ourselves and moving forward. Life truly is too short to spend it around toxic people. Sadly, some of those can be related by blood. :( Love you, sis.
ReplyDeletehi.
ReplyDeleterandom stranger again. in case you don;t recall, i found you while clicking through random blogs.
ii have nothing to add, really, except that i have been paying attention when you write and when you are quiet sometimes i think of you and wonder how you are.
it is a small thing in a big world, but out here where they don't know you there is at least one stranger who wishes you well.
sorry for your pain.
hope for your peace.