Sunday, March 25, 2012
A Real Life Nightmare
For all of you out there who have siblings that you get along with, love, understand and share an incredibly tight family bond with....im envious.
I have only one sister - she is 5 1/2 years older than me.... a sister that has "issues" to say the least. Ive known all my life that she was "different"....in a troubling way.
Thru the years things have escalated into more unbelievable situations than I can ever convey here.
8 years ago we had her move in with us with my niece and nephew. I knew at the time it was a horrible idea for SO many reasons. But after all, she IS my sister. She was in trouble and needed help. We were there - again.
8 years later im here writing this - in disbelief of all that has transpired. Its taken me a very long time to stand up to her and do the right thing - for ME now (and for my parents).
Our home has been in turmoil since the day they moved in. Things like drug use, drug dealing, property damage inside and outside, abusive to my parents, safety issues, undesirables in and out of my home, a fire that gutted my basement (where she lives), sinking deeper and deeper in debt because of her, yelling, fighting and screaming with her kids, doors slamming, most recently she came home with a pitbull (that we told her she couldnt have) that is destryong my yard....AND she pays no rent.
Ive had enough. Its been building for years. For my own sanity and safety - mine, my parents and our pets - I asked her to leave.
She refused. Her direct quote was "Fuck you...im not leaving". Nice right?
So I served her with eviction papers.
Our court date was this past Tuesday.
I own my home. I want her out. I have evidence - pictures, police complaints, a list of reasons and a ton of gray hair.
Cut and dry right?
Wrong.
She got a lawyer (legal aid) - She won.
Turns out since I never had her sign a lease I cant evict her. There was no "tenancy" established.
Case dismissed.
She walked out of court and laughed in my face.
Its war now.
Now I have a lawyer. My lawyer told me that someone who is in your home who pays no rent is technically a "guest". And when you ask the "guest" to leave and they dont....they are now considered a "tresspasser".
So, I am supposed to make my "guest's" stay as uncomfortable as possible. I went downstairs in to MY basement and removed the cable boxes on all of her TVs.
She came home and reported them stolen. So the police came to question me. They determined that I am well within my legal rights.
They are mine. I pay the bill...I own the home.
So she has no TV. I have also cut off her internet, changed the code on the garage door opener, and she is no longer allowed to come upstairs and shower (our basement only has a 1/2 bath).
I cant imagine someone wanting to live like this.
If someone ever tried to evict me from somewhere I would take it as Im not a very good tenant for whatever the reason. I would probably cry, pack and leave.
Not her.
She is digging in deeper.
There is something wrong with her.
She is combative, unpredictable, vindictive, unstable, under the influence, nasty, arrogant, self centered, and I think she could be dangerous.
She scares me because of all these reasons.
I cant help but feel that something very bad is going to happen in my home.
Ive gone to the local police for help. They dont want to get involved.
Ive been to court - and they cant figure out what to do yet either.
My lawyer is working on a solution.
In the meantime.....its horrible. Its ugly - and it shouldnt be like this with family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is SO horrible. I can't believe that anyone would do this. Poor you, but your parents too. I can't imagine the stress. Love you!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteOh girl, that is just plain awful! Hugs to you and your parents.
ReplyDelete