Sunday, December 18, 2011

Tough Love

Its been pretty ugly, sad, uncomfortable and nasty since I gave my sister the eviction letter.

This is something that should never have had to have happened.

It must sound pretty horrible reading this.....me - trying to evict my own sister from our home - especially at Christmas time.

But trust me.....the reasons go way beyond anything I could ever put into words on this blog.

Its an experience that I hope NONE of you ever have to go thru. Its one I wish I wasnt going thru.

My sister and I have always been completely opposite.

We come from a very tight-knit, Italian, Catholic family where we were always brought up to NEVER talk against the family. Never let anyone know your business. Never let anyone come before family. And NEVER let anyone ELSE talk badly about your family (even if it were true)

Dysfunctional - I know

We were raised to be close - even though there are 5 1/2 years between us. But somehow it was only ME who wanted that supposed "closeness". It meant something to me.

She never liked me. Jealous Im told. But of what? I have no clue. My life has not been easy. But im not complaining. I have tried talk to her so many times about really personal things. Tried to talk to her about her own personal things. Tried so very hard to have that bond that sisters SHOULD have.

Didnt work. I cant do it alone.

She isnt capable.

She is too busy blaming everyone else for her life not being what it "should" be.

Either way. The situation is very sad.

Micky and I were out with friends the other night. Cute little restaurant in a town not far from where I live.

We just sat down and starting looking over the menu when...low and behold...in walks my sister with a bunch of her friends.

Coincidence.

I was a little stunned to see her.

She just walked by.

We just sat there - in the same restaurant - a few tables between us - like we were strangers. Never even acknowledged one another.

All she knows is that im evicting her.

She will never admit that she has pushed all of us so far that this is the only thing left to do...for our OWN sanity.

She will never see that her own behavior, attitude and actions are what caused all of this.

She will never see that all of this could have been avoided and things could be so different in this house.

And she will never see that in my heart of hearts I feel like MY heart is breaking...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, poor Laura!! She will never take responsibility for this, so you need to protect your home and sanity. I know it must feel very strange and wrong, but it's past time to deal with her. Tough love indeed.

    ReplyDelete