I live in a 2 family home - with my parents living downstairs....and my sister living in our finished basement. My sister moved in with my neice and nephew *cough cough* "TEMPORARILY"....over 6 years ago.
We are a close family - but as any other family - we are a bit dysfunctional and certainly have our share of issues.
I always wanted a "Hallmark" family.
I dont have that.
I guess it would be fair to say they probably wanted a "Hallmark" daughter and sister.
They dont have that either....lol
Anyway, it gets a bit tense at times - but there is no denying that we all love each other very much.
As I was cutting the lawn the other day - I was glancing around.....
...my sister was putzing along in the gardens she has created all over the place...
...my Dad was walking Bobo - their dog - in the circle (we live on a cul-de-sac)
...and my Mom kept peeping her little head out the window to check on us all to make sure we were all accounted for.
It made me stop and think (again) how lucky I really am....and it gave me the "warm fuzzies".
Its true, I DO NOT have the Hallmark family- but I wouldnt change what I have - unless Donald Trump wanted to adopt me of course.
But throw in the fact that I have my family, AND an amazing g/f with 3 awesome kids - and Id probably turn "the Donald" down.
Life is good.
You ARE very lucky, and your family, my kids and I are just as lucky to have you!
ReplyDeleteNO ONE has the Hallmark family; if they pretend otherwise, they are lying or delusional. We all have our good points and dysfunction. That's what makes us human. I am thankful too, in spite of stresses with various people. You read about it all on the blog. ;)
ReplyDeleteI had to stop and do that occasionally too. We weren't Hallmark by any means but we were very lucky....
ReplyDeleteI also consider "meeting" you and us becoming friends very good too!