Change is something Ive always been afraid of.
Well, maybe "afraid" is a little too strong of a word.
I guess I should use the word "uncomfortable" when referring to change...and me. Uncomfortable enough to make me just stay frozen where I am. Im the type of person who likes to find my comfort zone and just camp there. Its good - and its not so good.
Ive made some conscious decisions over the past year to change the things in my life that I wasnt happy with. Pretty brave for me - I dont usually "rock the boat". Granted....I did NOT go about making these changes the right way. I know that. A lot of people got hurt. And believe me, Im sorry for what happened. Sorry in so many ways.
A few years back, I started to do some serious soul searching. I realized I wasnt happy and had not been happy for a very long time with some pretty big issues in my life. But I wasnt sure what to do about them. Everything seemed so complicated and intertwined...so insurmountable...so unthinkable.
But it was like something snapped in me. I started to ask myself questions like:
-What the hell are you waiting for?
-How long can you keep this up?
-How much longer are you going to waste time complaining about how unhappy you are?
I felt it.
Change was coming.
And it was going to upset my so called "perfect little world" and everyone's world around me. I think thats what took me so long. The fact that so many people would be affected - not just me. Ive never put "me" first. I was scared to even think like that because that is SO not me! I do whatever is expected of me - not what I actually WANT to do!
Changes did come...but not without consequences.
I feel like Ive been thru hell this past year. There is still so much unresolved. Im not sure if it will EVER be resolved.
But Im looking at 2010 as a chance to start taking steps in a positive direction.
After all, I started this ball rolling.
Im tired of being unhappy.
Life is too short.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I couldn't agree with you more. Only you can make the change you want to have in your life. It's never easy (at least doing the right thing is never easy), but life is too short to be miserable.
ReplyDeleteHere's to 2010 and better things!
Be brave and be strong!
ReplyDeleteI know--change is hard, but sometimes necessary. And life is not forever; we have to seize our moments and our happiness before it's gone. Geeze, I sound like a bad Hallmark card!! It's time for you to find yourself and discover what you want and what makes you happy. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteLife IS too short ...and you deserve to be happy.
ReplyDelete